Japanese style deep soaking tubs
Conceptually derived from the Ofuro, the traditional Japanese Deep Soaking Tub, our baths in this category have brought new style and convenience to bathrooms. As their name suggests, the bather is able to sit in great comfort whilst submerged to the upper chest in water. At the same time, by substituting depth for length and width, they save considerable amounts of space and use much less water than the conventionally shaped bath.
Moreover, our deep soaking bath tubs also incorporate a seat, which further reduces the amount of water required to fill them and which adds greatly to the sense of comfort and relaxation. It is a fact that it is more comfortable to sit with one’s feet lower than the rest of one’s body.
A Wide Selection of Extra Deep Style Baths to Choose From
There are six different deep soaking tubs in our range, based on four different models that vary in depth, style and size. Two – the Imersa and the Calyx – are each available in two sizes. The Imersa is more traditionally styled (if a soaking tub can be termed ‘traditional’,) whilst the Calyx is a minimalist version. The Xanadu is a two-seater bath, designed for shared bathing, and the Nirvana – our best selling bath worldwide – is based on years of development and feedback from customers seeking ‘the perfect bath for soaking’.
The first of Cabuchon’s deep soaking tubs, the Imersa is available in two sizes. They are the same depth but the difference is evident in both length and width, internally and externally. They are fitted with grab bars on each side. As standard, these can be supplied in chrome or ‘antique gold’ plated finish, or solid clear acrylic. If required, they can be supplied in nickel silver and other materials can be used on a bespoke basis. For more details, please ask. The photograph shows an Inset Standard Imersa used as a corner bath.
The Nirvana deep soaking tub is our best selling bathtub worldwide. It was developed by working with previous Imersa customers and prospective seekers of the perfect soaking bath. Designed to optimise both bathing comfort and pleasure, it features a sloping curved back that is sculpted both horizontally and vertically. One early client described the sensation as being like sitting in a comfortably supportive armchair. The image shows a Nirvana deep soaking bath tub with a custom-built hydrotherapy system.
The Calyx deep soaking tub is the minimalist version of the Nirvana and it comes in two sizes, which differ in both length and width. The objective in the development of the Calyx models was the optimisation of bathing/showering space. This was achieved with a near 30% proportionate increase in water surface compared to the Nirvana.
The image shows a Calyx with panels, installed at a well-known boutique hotel.
The double Xanadu deep soaking tub is the culmination of six years’ research and development in response to the many, repeated requests we received for a two-person Nirvana. It is the result of hundreds of discussions and interviews with existing and prospective clients; the result, too, of numerous models and trials. Its configuration allows couples to vary the way they use the bath, according to wish and mood, and it has been known to hold more than two.
The advantages of the Japanese style deep soaking tubs
- They bring greater comfort to bathing
- They save space
- They use less water than a conventionally shaped bath of the same external dimensions
- With a step they are easier to enter and exit, and therefore safer than a conventional bath, because at no point does the bather have to balance
- Turned on their sides, they pass through a conventional 730mm / 29” door
- Taps/faucets can be mounted in any location where space permits. The only constraints are those of good plumbing practice
- They are compatible with overhead showers and bath screens
- Because of the smaller than usual water surface area and FICORE’s natural heat retention, the water stays hotter six times longer than acrylic baths and twelve times longer than in steel or cast iron. If fitted with a ThermaSsure Thermostatic Water Temperature Control unit, Cabuchon deep soaking tubs constitute the very pinnacle of pleasure for those who love long, relaxing soaks
- Any deep soaking tub can be installed inset, under-mounted, sunken, or free standing with one or more panels. Examples can be seen in the various images throughout this website.
Each tub is handmade and custom-built to order and can supplied be in literally any colour. External dimensions can often be modified to suit the space available. For details, please see Custom Options. Please note that all Deep Soaking Tubs require an extended waste/overflow.
NOTE: Due to the varying dimensional requirements in different installations, Cabuchon Bathforms does not supply standard panels but it can, on request, build bespoke panels and supply them either loose or as an integral part of the soaking tub.
Find Out More About Cabuchon Deep Soaker Tubs
If you would like more information, detailed specification sheets can be found on the individual bath pages shown above. All of our deep soaking baths can be customised to suit your needs. If you would like to discuss a particular requirement, please give us a call on 01524 66022.