Japanese style deep soaking tubs
Conceptually derived from the Ofuro, the traditional Japanese Deep Soaking Tub, our baths in this category have brought new style and convenience to bathing. As their name suggests, the bather is able to sit in great comfort whilst submerged to the upper chest in water. At the same time, by substituting depth for length and width, they save considerable amounts of space and use much less water than the conventionally shaped bath.
Moreover, our deep soaking tubs also incorporate a seat, which further reduces the amount of water required to fill them and which adds greatly to the sense of comfort and relaxation. It is a fact that it is more comfortable to sit with one’s feet lower than one’s rear.
There are six considerably different tubs in the range. These include two Imersas and the Nirvana, which, because of their depth, need to be sunk into the floor or to have a step fitted to one side. With a step, they become far more accessible than conventional baths, particularly for the less agile. (The bather stands on the step, sits on the rim, and swings his or her legs into the tub). With the two Calyx models, this step is optional and with the double Xanadu it is unnecessary.
The advantages of the Japanese style deep soaking tubs are:
- They bring greater comfort to bathing
- They save space
- They use less water than a conventionally shaped bath of the same external dimensions
- With a step they are easier to enter and exit, and therefore safer than a conventional bath, because at no point does the bather have to balance
- Turned on their sides, they pass through a conventional 730mm / 29” door
- Taps/faucets can be mounted in any location where space permits. The only constraints are those of good plumbing practice
- They can have an overhead shower mounted, together with a bath screen
- Because of the smaller than usual water surface area and FICORE’s natural heat retention, the water stays hotter six times longer than acrylic baths and twelve times longer than in steel or cast iron. If fitted with one of Cabuchon’s ThermaSsure Thermostatic Water Temperature Control units, the deep soaking tubs constitute the very pinnacle of pleasure for those who love long, relaxing soaks
- Any deep soaking tub can be installed inset, under-mounted, sunken, or free standing with one or more panels. Examples can be seen in the various images throughout this website.
Each tub is handmade and custom-built to order and can supplied be in literally any colour. External dimensions can often be modified to suit space available. For details, please see Custom Options.
Please note that all Deep Soaking Tubs require an extended waste/overflow.
NOTE: Due to the varying dimensional requirements in different installations, Cabuchon Bathforms does not supply standard panels but it can build a bespoke panel either loose or as an integral part of the tub if commissioned to do so.
The first of Cabuchon’s deep soaking tubs, the Imersa is available in two sizes. They are the same depth but the difference is evident in both length and depth, internally and externally. They are fitted with grab bars on each side. As standard, these can be supplied in chrome or ‘antique gold’ plated finish, or solid clear acrylic. If required, they can be supplied in nickel silver and other materials can be used on a bespoke basis. For more details, please ask. The photograph shows an award winning setting of an Inset Standard Imersa.
The Nirvana deep soaking tub is our best selling bathtub worldwide. It was developed by working with previous Imersa customers and prospective seekers of the perfect soaking bath. Designed to optimise both bathing comfort and pleasure, it features a sloping curved back that is sculpted both horizontally and vertically. One early client described the sensation as being like sitting in a comfortably supportive armchair.
The image shows a free standing Nirvana with panels.
The Calyx deep soaking tub is the minimalist version of the Nirvana and it comes in two sizes, which differ in both length and width. The objective in the development of the Calyx models was the optimisation of bathing/showering space. This was achieved with a near 30% proportionate increase in water surface compared to the Nirvana.
The image shows a Free standing Calyx with panels.
The double Xanadu deep soaking tub is the culmination of six years’ research and development in response to the many, repeated requests we received for a two-person Nirvana. It is the result of hundreds of discussions and interviews with existing and prospective clients; the result ,too, of numerous models and trials. Its configuration allows couples to vary they way the use the bath, according to wish and mood, and it has been known to hold more than two.Read more about the double Xanadu deep soaking bath tub
More information and a detailed specification sheet can be found using the individual links above.